Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has quickly become one of the fastest growing disciplines of martial arts since the dawn of the UFC and other mixed martial arts competitions. Men and women are practicing this grappling art for the added fitness benefits as well as for self-defense and competition. BJJ focusses on using leverage and movement to overcome your opponent.
Taught by world-renowned BJJ Professor Felipe “Splinter” Cavalcante. Professor is one of Tennessee’s highest ranked BJJ professors 3rd degree Black Belt with large international competition and coaching experience having worked in New Zealand, Australia, Holland and United Arab Emirates.
- Las Vegas Open 3rd place Gi Lighweights (2017)
- San Diego Open 2nd place Open Weight (2017)
- Abu Dhabi Cup Champion Gi and NO GI (2012 Black)
- Pan Pacific Champion (2008)
- Pan Pacific No Gi Champion (2008)
- Western Australia No Gi State Champion (2008)
- 4x Ceará State Champion – Brazil (1998 white, 2000 blue, 2001 purple, 2006 purple)
- 2x North-Northeast Champion – Brazil (1996 white, 2002 purple)
- New South Wales Silver Medallist (2009 absolute black)
- Pan Pacific No Gi State Silver Medallist (2008 absolute)
- North-Northeast Silver Medallist – Brazil (2003 brown)